Ingredients and Method
- 2 nests (approx. 120g) Wholewheat or Rice Noodles
- One third of a block of (approx. 130g) Tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, roughly diced
- 2cm Ginger, peeled and roughly diced
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Juice of half a Lime
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Spring Onion, chopped plus extra for topping
- Half a Fresh Chilli, roughly diced (feel free to add more if you like a bit of a kick!)
- 100g Mangetout
- 130g Baby Corn, chopped in half lengthways
- 1 Pepper, chopped into thin strips
- 1 Small Carrot, peeled into thin strips using a peeler
- Drain the tofu and squeeze out any extra water. Place the tofu in the middle of a clean tea towel, cover with the tea towel and press the tofu by placing a heavy item on top. It’s best to do this an hour or two before cooking.
- Start making the sauce by roughly dicing the garlic, ginger and chilli and place in a bowl. Add in the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar and the juice from half a lime and mix it all together.
- Heat up the sesame oil in a wok on medium heat. Add in the chopped spring onion and cook for a minute. Crumble in the tofu to the frying pan and add a couple spoonfuls of sauce. Cook for a few minutes until it browns, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped peppers, baby corn and mangetout into the wok and fry on a medium heat, adding a few more spoonfuls of the sauce. Cook for around 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, add the noodles to a saucepan of boiling water and cook according to the instructions on the packet.
- Once cooked, add the noodles to the wok along with the peeled carrot and the rest of the sauce. Cook for another minute ensuring the sauce has fully covered the noodles and veggies.
- Serve with an extra sprinkle of spring onions and lime juice.