Homemade Fakeaway Vegetable Pizza
Ingredients and Method
- For the base:
- 100g Strong White Flour
- 100g Strong Whole Wheat Flor
- 1 tsp or 7g satchet Easy Blend Yeast
- 125ml Warm Water
- For the topping:
- Tomato Puree
- Mozzarella, grated or cut into slices
- Parmesan, grated
- Handful of Cherry Tomatoes
- Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Green Pepper, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small Red Onion, thinly sliced
- Tin of Sweetcorn
- Basil, chopped to serve
- Mix together both flours and yeast with a pinch of salt in a food processor with a dough blade. Add the water and mix to a soft dough then continue mixing for 1 minute.
- Lightly flour the work surface and place the dough on top. Roll out with a floured rolling pin until around 30cm in diameter. Transfer the dough onto a flat surface such as a pizza peel or a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the pizza stone with cornmeal or flour and place the pizza stone in a cold oven. Heat to 230C/Gas Mark 8. Meanwhile prepare your pizza.
- Spread the tomato puree over the pizza dough, followed by a thin layer of pesto. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top then place the onions, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and green pepper, making sure the ingredients are evenly spread. Sprinkle over the sweetcorn and top with more mozzarella and parmesan.
- Once the pizza stone has heated up, open the oven and slide the pizza onto the stone. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until it is crisp and golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven, scatter with basil and serve.