How to Make Pizza Dough
Making your own pizza is super easy and a fun activity for kids. Follow our tutorial to find out how.
You will need:
- 3 tbsp groundnut oil
- 650g/1lb 5oz Strong white bread flour
- Sachet of easy-blend yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 25ml/1fl oz olive oil
- 50ml/2fl oz warm milk
- 325ml/11fl oz warm water
Makes 6 medium size pizzas.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, yeast and salt, stir together then slowly pour in the olive oil and milk. Add the milk gradually and mix well until a soft dough is formed.
- Lightly flour the work surface then turn the dough out onto it. Knead for about five minutes, until smooth and elastic. Transfer to a clean bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rise for about 1½ hours, until doubled in size.
- Once the dough has risen, push the dough with your hands until the air has been taken out of it. Knead again until smooth. Roll the dough into a ball and leave for around 40 minutes to rise once again.
- Preheat oven to 240°C/fan 220°C/gas 8
- Divide the dough into six balls and roll each out onto a lightly floured work surface until 20cm/8in in diameter.
- Spread some passata over each base and add your favourite toppings.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and crispy around the edge. For an extra crispy base, cook your pizza using a Typhoon Pizza Stone. Check out our tutorial here.