Seasonal Squash Stir Fry
Ingredients and Method
- 2 Medium Egg Noddle Nests
- 2 cups Butternut Squash or Pumpkin, cubed
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Orange Pepper
- 1/2 Courgette, thinly sliced
- 6 Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, diced
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- Handful of Walnuts
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Set oven to 225°C / 435°F. Coat cubed squash in 1 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until it turns soft and slightly caramelised.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a pan and fry off garlic on a low-medium heat.
- Add noodles to a pan of boiling water until just softened and then drain.
- Add the chilli flakes, courgette, mushrooms and pepper to the pan and continue to fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Then, combine the baked squash, noodles and a squeeze of lemon juice in the pan.
- Finally, serve with chopped walnuts and additional seasoning (optional).