Sourdough Pizza Recipe
This simple sourdough recipe is perfect for making homemade pizzas with a delicious crisp crust. Experiment with your own delicious toppings for a weekend dinner at home.
Ingredients and Method
- 500g All-purpose flour
- 100g Sourdough starter
- 10g Salt
- 375g Water
- Pizza toppings of your choice
- Combine the water, sourdough starter, and salt in a mixing bowl and stir well.
- Add the all-purpose flour and stir to combine until you have a sticky ball of dough.
- Let rest for 30 minutes and then knead the dough on a floured surface. For best results, repeat this 4 times at 30 minute intervals.
- Once complete, place the dough ball in a mixing bowl or container and cover. Let it rest for 6 to 12 hours or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and separate it into 4 equal size balls.
- Transfer the 4 dough balls to the fridge, for at least 6 hours or up to 3 days. Before baking, take out a dough ball and let it rest outside the fridge for at least an hour.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200°C or gas mark 6. Delicately stretch the dough into a round shape, and add your desired toppings.
- Line an oven safe tray or pizza stone with a piece of parchment paper and transfer your pizza to the oven. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked to your liking and serve!