Vegan Pad Thai Noodle Soup
Ingredients and Method
- 1 Red Chilli, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 inch Piece of Ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Tamarind Sauce
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 3 Carrots, chopped into matchstick sized pieces
- 50g Beansprouts
- 150g Rice Noodles
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 20g Peanuts
- 3 Spring Onions
- A small handful of Coriander
- 1/2 Block of Tofu
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Oil
- Heat 1tsp of oil in a medium sized saucepan, and add the finely chopped ginger, garlic and chilli.
- After a few minutes, add the stock cube, 700ml of boiling water, tamarind sauce, brown sugar and the rice noodles.
- Leave to boil for 5 minutes.
- Whilst you wait, fry the tofu in a separate pan.
- After 5 minutes, add the carrot and beansprouts to your noodles and simmer on a low heat for a further 5 minutes.
- Transfer your noodles to a large bowl and top with the crispy tofu.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts, fresh coriander, sliced spring onions and chilli flakes.