Home Cooked Lamb Curry
Ingredients and Method
- 2 Onions
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- Cube of Ginger, chopped into matchsticks
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tbsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 500g Lamb, diced
- 400g can Chopped Tomatoes
- Coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- Place the ginger, onions and 4 garlic cloves in a food processor with 300ml water and blitz to a smooth purée.
- Place the purée in a pan and simmer for about 15mins until the liquid dissolves.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, including 1 cinnamon stick, 1 tbsp ground coriander, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp ground turmeric and ½ tsp fennel seeds.
- Next add the lamb and fry for about 10mins until it turns a darker colour.
- Now add 400g canned chopped tomatoes with half a can of water.
- Season with salt and pepper, cover and leave to simmer for approximately 40mins.
- Stir in the coriander and add water if necessary to loosen the consistency.
- Once the meat is cooked, serve with basmati rice or garlic naan. Enjoy!