Egg Fried Rice
Ingredients and Method
- 3 tbsp Groundnut Oil
- 500g Cooked Jasmine or Long Grain Rice, at fridge temperature
- 3 Eggs, beaten with a little salt
- 2 Spring Onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 pinch Ground White Pepper
- Heat a wok over a medium heat and add the ground nut oil.
- Pour in the 2 beaten eggs and leave to settle for 1 -2 minutes, then swirl the egg around the wok using a wooden spoon, stir to scramble. Transfer the egg to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the rice to the wok and mix well until the rice is broken down.
- Fry rice for a few minutes. Return the scrambled egg to the wok, season with soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper to taste. Add any optional extras such as shrimp or chicken. Fry for a further couple of minutes.
- Add the spring onion and serve immediately. Enjoy!