Homemade Fakeaway Chipotle Pizza
Ingredients and Method
- For the pizza dough:
- 500g Strong White Flour
- 1 tsp Caster Sugar
- 1 packet Instant-action Dried Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 300ml Tepid Water
- For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Garlic Clove, sliced
- 1-2 tbsp Chipotle Paste
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- For the toppings:
- 1 Garlic Clove, finely sliced
- 1 Red Onion, finely sliced
- 50g Sweetcorn
- 110g Red Peppers, finely sliced
- 75g Mature Cheddar, grated
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- For the pizza dough, mix the flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a large bowl until well combined. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the water, mixing to form a soft and slightly sticky dough.
- Tip the dough out onto a floured work surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Place the dough into a bowl, cover with cling film and leave to rise for one hour in a warm place.
- Fry the onion and garlic in the oil in a deep, wide frying pan until soft before adding the chipotle paste. Stir and cook for 1 min, then add the tomatoes and cook for 10 mins with the lid half on. Stir to make sure it doesn’t get too dry.
- Preheat the oven to 230ºC/gas mark 9, and add the pizza stone for around 20 minutes whilst preparing the pizza.
- Remove the dough from cling film, and roll out to fit within the 13” pizza stone base (about 0.5cm thickness).
- Spoon the chipotle base over the dough before topping with the chopped vegetables and cheddar.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season before cooking for about 10 minutes, removing and serving from the stone.