Asian Steamed Fish
Ingredients and Method
- 2 4/5oz Skinless Hake Fillets
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- Ground Pepper
- 2 Spring Onions
- 2.5cm Ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- A drizzle of Chilli Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1.5 Mixed Pepper, sliced
- Cooked White Rice
- Rinse the fish under cold water and pat dry. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Arrange the fish flat on a plate. Top each with half of the soy sauce and ginger.
- Fill a Typhoon wok with 2 to 3 inches of water, bringing to the boil. Put your Typhoon steamer in the wok and set the fish in the steamer. Cover and steam for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Heat the chilli oil in the wok over a medium / high heat. Add the remaining ginger, garlic, peppers and ½ teaspoon of salt and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and add the cooked rice for a further 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat, and serve with the fish.