How to Cook Fried Rice
Making your own fried rice is easier than you may think. Follow our simple recipe below to find out how. Don't forget to serve your rice in a beautiful bowl from Typhoon's World Foods collection.
You will need:
Recipe serves 4.
- 3 tbsp groundnut oil
- 500g cooked jasmine rice or long grain rice, at fridge temperature (best cooked the day before)
- 3 eggs beaten with ½ tsp salt
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 pinch of ground white pepper
- 50g cooked shrimps or 1 cooked chicken breast
- Heat a wok over a medium heat and add the ground nut oil.
- Pour in the 2 beaten eggs and leave to settle for 1 -2 minutes, then swirl the egg around the wok. Using a wooden spoon, stir to scramble. Transfer the egg to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the rice to the wok and mix well until the rice is broken down.
- Fry rice for a few minutes. Return the scrambled egg to the wok, season with soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper to taste. Add any optional extras such as shrimp or chicken. Fry for a further couple of minutes.
- Add the spring onion and serve immediately. Enjoy!