Coconut Fish Curry
Ingredients and Method
- For the spice paste:
- 1 Green Chilli, roughly chopped
- Pinch of Dried Chilli Flakes
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Juice of half a Lemon
- Handful of Fresh Coriander, plus extra for garnish
- For the curry:
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 1 Large Sweet Potato, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 150g Cod or Pollock Fillet, skinned and chopped (you can use frozen if you prefer)
- 200ml Coconut Milk
- Handful Spinach Leaves
- Juice of half a Lime
- Salt, to taste
- To make the spice paste, add all of the ingredients to a Typhoon pestle and mortar and blend until smooth.
- For the curry, heat the vegetable oil in a wok on a low heat and gently fry the onion and garlic for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato, curry powder and cumin and continue to fry until the sweet potato has softened, this could take up to 10 minutes.
- Add the fish and 2 tablespoons of the spice paste. Stir to coat the fish in the spices and then add the coconut milk.
- Bring to a gentle simmer, stir in the spinach leaves, lime juice and season to taste. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Stir in the coriander.
- Serve with rice in the Typhoon World Foods bowls.